Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Visit with Andrea and Elaine

I love spending time with my daughter.  But this visit I know was a big sacrifice on her part. She had just moved and even though she is efficient at unpacking a home there is much more to settling into a new home, not to mention a new ministry.  So I do thank you Ben and Andrea for disrupting your lives, plans and daughter to make meeting great-grandparents a possibility. (I am only grandma, but I sure did benefit as well)!

I don’t think Andrea and I ever lack for things to do when we get together.  One  big thing on our agenda for this visit was some computer stuff.  Andrea moved my Memory Manager file of pictures from our desk top computer to my laptop.  While doing a little porch setting, I got a few blogging lessons (hope I can remember).  We went to the petting zoo with my friend Alethea and her daughter Taliah.  Andrea and Alethea met over Andrea’s blog, their mutual interest?  fuzzy bunz!  That's cloth diapers like you’ve never experienced before!  We spent an afternoon with my Mom recovering from surgery. We even made cards for Father’s Day together! I

img_1116

I loved breaking out the old toys for Elaine to play with!

Petting Zoo with Elaine

Petting Zoo with Elaine

Petting Zoo with Elaine

 

 

Alethea and Taliah.  Taliah cracked me up.  She was very cautious in her “petting”!  I would call it more like “poking”! 

 

 

 

Petting Zoo with Elaine 

Petting Zoo with Elaine We took a turn around the park on the little train

Petting Zoo with Elaine

Taliah is also a cautious train-rider!  However, Elaine isn’t looking too excited either1

Petting Zoo with Elaine

Great Grandpa Paul came over to the park.  He had a doctor’s appointment so he came for a little extra time with Elaine!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...