Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father’s Day

1 John 3:1
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!

What a blessing to know God as my loving Father.  It is also a wonderful blessing to have Fathers in my life that reflect His love and care and goodness.

Dad's 85th B-Day

My Dad.  He has been a wonderful example to me of faithful dependence on the Lord all my life.  I have been privileged to watch him pray and trust and serve and witness and faithfully look for the Lord’s return.  Next to his spot at the table is a pile of books and articles and things he is reading and studying about the Bible.  He is 86 years old and still desiring to learn all he can about the Lord.  Try not to call him at 10:00 in the morning because he has his radio on and Bible open as he “walks through the Bible” with J. Vernon McGee…I think he has walked through that study more than once! 

Grams and Gramps trip out west, 2009

Pop.  He has been in the presence of His Father for a year and a half now.  His study books and Bible are set aide, as is his faith, for he now sees and knows what we are still anticipating!  We miss you and think of you often!

Christmas 2007

Wally.  The Dad of my kids!  He has been a great Dad and wonderful provider for his family.  There is nothing he would not do…and probably has done…for his kids!  The nest may be empty, but there is still much to do.  I know you pray for your kids and grandkids and are very proud of them all!

img_0735

Ben, our son in law.  Another hard worker as he provides for his family in a tough place..Brooklyn, NY.  Ben is the most patient man I have ever met.  I am also impressed by his discipline.  He works hard, helps with the kids and still finds time to study and for ministry responsibilities.  We are so blessed to have you as Andrea’s husband and Elaine and Nolan’s Dad!

Happy Father’s Day!!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...