Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Long and the Short of It

Joann has been cutting my hair for a lot of years.  I used to go to her house and she would cut it in the basement.  She also did mine and Andrea’s hair and all the bridesmaids when Andrea was married.  Three days a week she works at a hair salon in Denver.  In fact it is one of the oldest shops in Denver and it is near my new home.  It is The Sixth Avenue Beauty Salon. 

img_4829

I first met Joann years ago when our kids were younger.  I had hung out some signs in my neighborhood for an American Girl's Doll Clothes Show I hosted.  Joann stopped by with her daughter Kellie to have a look.  I do not think we sold a thing that day, but I gained a wonderful friendship.  Joann and I both homeschooled and our paths crossed at many home school events.  She also attended BSF for a lot of years.  Whenever I went to have my hair cut, it was an opportunity to be encouraged in the Lord and we exchanged many prayer requests.  Joann would also give me Starbucks coffee bags good for a free tall coffee.  I think I am supposed to  tip her!  I always leave after having my hair cut feeling good on the outside and the inside!

Our kids are now grown.  Kellie is married and has a baby girl, Cassidy.  She cuts hair with Joann a couple days a week and brings Cassidy along.  So when Andrea came to town last week, we both went in and had our hair cut and showed off the grandkids! 

img_4827

img_4828

Cassidy is about two months older than Nolan.  She has her own toys, but Mom’s hair cart is more fun!

img_4831

The whole gang…none of the kids looks too happy, but they at least are all looking at the camera!  Thanks Joann for being such a blessing to me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...