Sunday, June 5, 2011

Roan Mountain

On Wednesday, Kenny had a full day at the church so Wally and I entertained ourselves.  (Wesley went on down to Shelby)  We had a leisurely morning by going to a  coffee shop in Kenny’s little town.  They had Wi-Fi and we got caught up on email.  and we looked in a little shop of “local crafts”.   Then we drove to Roan Mountain, on the Tennessee-North Carolina boundary.  There is a rhododendron garden there.  It was another beautiful drive.  But when we got to the top, the park was closed!  I was kind of disappointed because I really wanted to see the garden.  But we took a different road back down the mountain and just enjoyed the drive.

We took these pics at the top of Roan Mountain

And even though I did not get to see the rhododendron garden, I saw some pretty ones in people’s yards!

Wally and I just loved looking at people’s homes…they were so well kept.  My little eyes felt tired, I did so much looking!  We loved the gardens people had planted, so large!  We just got our corn in before we left, but it is several inches high here. And just about everyone has a porch with a rocking chair on it! 

These are Christmas trees!  Kenny's area is the Christmas Tree Capital!  People have plots of tree growing on the hills behind their homes, small or large.  It takes seven years to harvest.

So ends Day Three!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...