Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Baby is Twenty Two…Whoo-Hoo!

Hard to believe that my baby boy is turning 22 years old today!!  He came into this world late in the afternoon all those years ago, and was born here in Denver.  I can remember having contractions in the morning, but Wally kissed me and headed out the door to work saying to “give him a call when it got serious.”  I have a very vivid memory of taking Andrea and Kenny to the skating rink, getting out of the car, having a hard contraction and asking myself, “what in the world are you doing here?”   I’m pretty sure I just dropped them with a friend who brought them home later.  And later Wally got the call that it was serious.  I also remember driving through Denver rush hour traffic to get to the hospital.  (I think Wally always enjoyed that part of the kid’s birth stories!)  Anyway, at 5:49 pm, weighing in at 8 pounds and 20 inches long, Wesley Keith arrived!

scan0132

scan0123

scan0125

Wes was a good baby.  Having an older brother and sister to wait on him and to entertain him, he didn’t lack for much.  I remember Wesley didn’t cry too loudly or for too long…he could almost be ignored.  And he had a cute grin…

scan0134

scan0120

I think it is a Mom’s duty, not to mention delight, to peruse the photo albums of their children on their Birthday each year.  The years slip by so quickly we need to be reminded of their milestones and silly days!  And just how cute they are!

scan0124

scan0122

scan0128

scan0130

When I think of Wesley coming into our family I am always reminded that he was unexpected and a total delight and God’s gift to us at a time when things were kind of tough in our life.  He brought joy and smiles to our little family 22 years ago and he continues to do so today.  Wes always makes me laugh.  He loves to have a good time and he brings that enjoyment to many days. 

scan0133

In just a couple of weeks Wes will be leaving home…again…and heading off to camp.  I thought we were going to have him until the fall when he goes back to school.  So now my  heart is a little full and achy!  Wesley, you have and are continuing to grow into a fine young man.  Your Dad and I love you and are very proud of you.  Happy Birthday!

2 Timothy 3:13-15

But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you (Wesley) must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...