Friday, May 27, 2011

Down the Garden Path

We have had a lot of rain in the last two weeks. The ground is so moist today, the weed popping is almost effortless.  I was glad because out front we had removed a lot of flag iris last year and it is trying to make a come back.  In the moist ground, the spikes coming up were easy to remove.  I don’t know why but I always relate weeds in my garden to sin in my life.  Weeding is a never ending job and you really need to stay on top of it or they will take over!  I have not done a whole lot of weeding this year yet, but I am tired of it already!  The truth is, I am weary of sin too.  In the Christian life as well as the garden, you just have to stay on top of it!  There is always some nasty sin rearing its ugly head in my thinking or actions, trying to poke up and find a place to grow in my life.  Sometimes when I try to pluck them out they are so stubborn to resist, aided by my own self will no doubt.  But as I was pulling up those stray weeds today I got this picture in my mind.  If only my heart was as moist and rich with the word of God like this soil is, those sinful patterns would also easily loosen and give way to His pull on my heart!  You really cannot afford to skip one day being in God’s Word. 

Here’s some flowers in bloom right now---


This peony bush is right by the front step…we always watch it come alive each spring as we come and go and anticipate the blooms opening…

This is allium.  We planted the bulbs three years ago.  Wally had seen them in someone’s yard while doing an estimate.  We lined the driveway with the bulbs and the first spring they were beautiful.  But last year only about half of the bulbs bloomed and this year there are only three that bloomed, though I can see five plants.  I’ll have to investigate this guy.

And I love my columbines, especially the Rocky Mountain Blue.  I am glad I got to see this in bloom.  We are leaving for two weeks this weekend, and I know I am going to miss a lot of the flowers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...