Saturday, May 14, 2011

Family Reunion

Last Sunday was kind of a strange day. It was Mother’s Day but I was not with any of my kids.  It was the Lord’s Day but we left church after Sunday School to drive to Monument.  It was a family reunion but it isn’t even summer! Oh well!

Our family reunion was for my Dad’s side of the family.  My Dad is 85 years old and he is now the oldest living member of his family.  There were eleven children in his family.  His three oldest brothers and twin sister have already passed away.  I had breakfast with my folks this week and I asked about some of my Dad’s growing up times----so many experiences during the Great Depression and war time.  We  are so spoiled in our present culture.  We have so much which we take for granted----material possessions, ease of living, even medical knowledge and care.  The greatest difference in my own experiences growing up and Dad’s as a boy is the the presence of the Lord in our home.  I feel so blessed to have had a Godly father growing up and still to this day!

We took a lot of pictures at this reunion, lots of flashes and talking.  So not everyone is looking the same direction and some of my relatives were so busy talking, they never did get a smile on with everyone else.  It was rather comical.  but here’s the best I got:

Here is Dad with his siblings----
Uncle’s Cutter, Weldon, Dad and Wayne
Aunt’s Beulah, Darlene, and Phyllis

Just the Boys---Wayne and Weldon are twins and the youngest


Just the Girls---

All my aunts and uncles, with their spouses---

All the first cousins that came, 24 of us----

We took a picture of each individual family, but I’ll just share us---


Scott, Aaron, Kyle and Krista and Nathan (Robin’s kids) Wally
Terry and Robin, Dad, Mom and Me

 

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close knit family…

…in another city!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...