Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I’ll Make These Again!

That’s what I said the first time I made these enchiladas.  That was just a week ago and sure enough, I made them for dinner again last night.  In fact I was going to skip them since Wally was not going to be home and Wes seemed a little disappointed.  So I went ahead.. they are really easy. 

Have you seen these new Creamy Skillets next to the cream cheese at your grocery store?  They are made by Philadelphia Cream Cheese.  They come in different flavors and are designed to make dinner easy…toss in your own meat or pasta and add the creamy carton and wha-la---dinner is served!  We tried one of the savory garlic flavors that you use over pasta and chicken when Andrea was here visiting.  It was ok.  But the Santa Fe blend with the chicken enchilada recipe is a definite repeat!  Here’s the recipe:

  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 3 Cups shredded chicken (I used 2 chicken breasts)
  • 1 can 14.5 oz. can tomatoes, drained (I used a can of 10 oz. Rotel tomatoes, not drained)
  • 1 tub Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Crème
  • 1/2 Cup Mexican style shredded cheese
  • 8- 6” flour tortillas (Both times I made this I got ten out of the recipe)

Cook chicken and shred.  Sauté onions in a little oil or cooking spray.  Stir in chicken, tomatoes, 3/4 Cup of cooking crème and the shredded cheese.  Spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture onto center of tortilla.  Roll and place seam side down in 9x13 dish treated with cooking spray. Top with remaining cooking crème. Cover and bake in 350* oven for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.

Let me tell you, if you have any leftover, they won’t be for long.  Wesley got a little possessive over the four we had left last time I made them and staked his claim on them.  They are that good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...