Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday

One of the greatest blessings in my life is my family…my own husband and kids, the family I married into, and the family I grew I up in.  There are six of us kids, three boys and three girls.  I love having sisters and we have a close relationship.  But I think it is a special thing for a sister to have a brother.  And I’ve got three! 

I’ve always thought they were handsome!

Dad & sons 1974

  And their looks, or clothes, improved over the years

Nathan Scott Marty 1985

And they have aged pretty well

Nathan comes home for Christmas 2006

I could just be thankful and end here.  But I really wanted to single out my oldest brother, Marty. Tuesday was his 56th Birthday and I am very thankful for the years the Lord has given to him.  Marty has always been fun, a hard worker, and he does like a good laugh!  He is a good husband and father and he now has six grandkids that he loves.  Mostly though he loves the Lord Jesus Christ.  He has been willing and obedient to follow the Lord by serving Him in camp ministry.  He is the founder/director of Whisper Mountain, a Christian camp in North Carolina.  I am thankful to have his godly example in my life and so blessed he is part of our family!

Marty and his wife Patti

 

Happy Birthday Marty, hope they gave you a Party!

Ephesians 2:10…”For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...