Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Ephesians 3: 16 says, “…that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man…”

I just wanted to share a quote from my lesson notes in Bible Study Fellowship last week about that verse which has been very helpful to me this week.

“The word strengthen suggests an injection of eternal life force into the very core of a person’s being.  This God-given empowering by the Holy Spirit comes in answer to prayer and faith.  It will cause one to be permeated by a previously unrealized consciousness of Christ's presence, love and fullness.

Now really that is so simple.  So why do I walk around struggling and defeated so much?  His strength is mine!!  All I have to do is ask for it…prayer.  And then take it for myself…faith.  It has been particularly encouraging to me in those moments where my negative thoughts are dragging me down.  I have a choice; be discouraged or tap into His strength!  It was a light bulb moment for me!  And I am so thankful for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...