Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I kind of have the blahs.  I’ve been getting them a lot lately.  I think this is what my Mom referred to as the “winter blues”.   I should do this more often, just take the time to look at all I have to be grateful for, you know count your blessings, name them one by  one…and chase the blues away!

  • To start with, I’m having a cup of cappuccino in my “Elaine and Nolan” mug…I’m feeling better already!
  • We did not get snow as forecasted…Yippee!
  • While walking in the neighborhood today I saw crocus in bloom.  The daffodils and tulips are pushing up too.  I love spring!
  • I’ve made a pretty good dent in our paper piles…that is such a good feeling!
  • Wally washed my car inside and out on Monday and it still looks good!  (He also vacuums!)
  • My friend Jana came over on Tuesday and we had a nice long visit!  We had not chatted like that in a long while!
  • It’s Thursday and for the first time this week, we don’t have to go anywhere tonight!! 
  • Wally told me that if the solar flair happens tonight and it effects all the computer chips in the cars, my Falcon won’t be affected!!  So thankful about that!
  • We’re studying Ephesians in Bible Study right now.  Last week was Ephesians 1, the believer’s rich inheritance in Christ.  That chapter alone can chase any blues away.  But it just gets better!  This week we are in chapters 2-3.  “But God, Who is rich in mercy, because of His great love love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)…

img_4567

Wally said to show a picture of the tulips.  This is the bed in front of the clubhouse.  It will be fun to see how it looks when everything is in bloom.

img_4570

And here are some daffodils poking up among the winter pansies.  It’s nice to see their color still showing after all the snow has melted away.

img_4571

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...