Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Card Camp

It is week two of my online card class.  I am enjoying the color combinations they give us each week.  They have been bright and fun and not what I would come up with at all.  Which is good, because I tend to choose the same kind of combos over and over again.  I have also appreciated that I am using paper I have and not running to the store to buy stuff.  I think I am a bit intimidated by all the stamping techniques the class is teaching.  While they are great ideas, I am easily frustrated with rubber stamping.  I haven’t quite stepped up to trying them, so I am pretty much using my punches and Cricut.

Here is the color combo for week two:

And my card:

img_3525

The cake is cut from the Cuttin’ Up cartridge and the zig-zag and candles are sizzix dies. The sentiment is a Stampin’ Up stamp.  My paper is scraps I had on hand form Joann’s and Archiver’s. 

I used the sketch from this week’s Mojo Monday and am posting my card there also.

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun, festive card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...