Saturday, July 23, 2011

Getting Ready to Party!!

On Thursday evening us girls did a bit of scrapping.  We needed to make Birthday cards for Ben.  (It was his Birthday on Friday.) 

img_3591She’s a natural!

img_3594

img_3592Those are hands from both Mom and Dad…helping!

img_3630

img_3631
Ben says it’s a keeper…he’s a good Dad!

Then Andrea made Ben a chocolate cake...His favorite!  Yes, she turned the oven on in 100+ heat.  Yes, that was at night time! No, that does not include the heat index!  (Did you hear NYC is having a heat wave?   Sure wish it would wave on out to the ocean!)  Elaine and I frosted it the next morning and we put the cake in the fridge all day…Ben likes it cold.

img_0725

Being a good Grandma and following the advice I read everywhere “to sugar up the grandkid”), I showed Elaine to stick her finger in the frosting and lick it off!

img_0726

We quickly graduated to the spoon!

img_0728

Here’s our gift for Ben…I used snowman paper to help us “feel” cool. It really didn’t help!img_3621

My card for Benimg_3619

Andrea and I also walked up around the corner to get some balloons and candles at the dollar store.  I wished I had a way to measure the heat coming off of the houses.  And the little shop did not even have a fan blowing!  I could not believe it!  Sweltering!!  Well, let's get onto the Birthday Party.  That is more my kind of a “hot time!!”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...