Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America

 

 

 

     In New York Harbor stands a lady
With a torch raised to the sky
And all who see her knows she stand for
Liberty for you and me
I'm so glad to be called an American
To be named with the brave and the free
I will honor our flag and our trust in God
And the Statue of Liberty

 

 

 

                            TheCross

On lonely Golgatha
Stood a cross
With my Lord raised to the sky
And all who kneel there
live
forever
 As all the saints can testify
I'm so glad to be called a Christian
To be named with the ransomed and whole
As the Statue liberates the citizen
so the cross 
liberates the soul

 

Oh the cross is my Statue of Liberty
It was there that my soul was set free
Unashamed I'll proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my Statue of Liberty

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord…
Psalm 33:12

1 comment:

Andrea Hamilton said...

I haven't heard that one before...very good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...