Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

You know what I chose to be thankful for this week? Our house, our home. Yesterday in our neighborhood I saw the nasty reality of what I hear in the news all the time, somebody lost their house. All the contents from their house was put out in the yard. By evening time people had already rummaged through and I know there was a couch and chair taken. Just a little bit ago when I was out walking, it is very evident that boxes and things had been dug through and contents strewn about by the “lookey-lous”. Just a trashy heap of mess is left. To be sure, these things were only what were left behind, we had seen a moving truck packing up a couple of weeks ago. And I do not know the circumstances of the man who lived in that house. But I do know my neighbor across the street and she is in the same situation. She lost her job over a year ago and she has tried to sell the house a couple of different times. She has already moved out and in a few days, that house will be in foreclosure also.

I am very thankful for our house and Wally’s job. But more than that, I am thankful for a hope of which it is impossible to be foreclosed upon. I am so thankful for the Word of God that is filled with His promises that enable me to trust Him and not our world’s circumstances. Seeing that man’s belongings out in the yard is a reminder of just how temporal this world is. We do not know what tomorrow may bring. Wally could lose his job this year. We just don’t know. But how good it is to know the One Who does know!

I read this in Proverbs this morning and with the above thoughts in my mind, it was very timely and encouraging to me.

“The blessing of the Lord makes one rich,
And He adds no sorrow with it.”
Proverbs 10:22

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...