Thursday, March 3, 2011

It’s Happening

My soon to be daughter in law has this banner on her blog…

“No matter how long the winter…spring is sure to follow”

I just had a look in my flower bed and, there it was, the first sign of spring.

If I count the robins I saw a few weeks ago, this is actually the second sign of spring.  But it is springing!   Four yellow and one white friendly faces are poking up to remind me!

Here’s some ways I thought of that my life can be like those crocus----

  • Be friendly… like those flowers are in their cold, dry surroundings
  • Be faithful… those crocus come up every year, just as they are supposed to
  • Be strong…March is our snowiest month here in Colorado.  In fact snow is in the forecast for tomorrow.  And when the snow melts away, the crocus will still be blooming.
  • Be life…as a believer, I am standing out in a dead world with the gift of eternal life to share with those around me.

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.  ~Terri Guillemets

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was really good. I especially loved the quote at the end!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...