Monday, March 21, 2011

Highchair Highlights

This is the sequence of most of our days with Elaine.  She gets up, gets a nappie change and is somewhat happy while she waits for breakfast to be served.  Eating involves a lot of time, no such thing as “fast food”!  But she can be rather entertaining and we do laugh a lot!  After eating and a clean up there is some playtime or a bath.  She seems to think the toy box is just for dumping upside down and seeing where the toys land!  Somewhere in there she gets dressed.  Then there is another nappie change and down for a nap.  During this time I do a quick recovery on my house…no sense in putting too much time into it, that whole sequence is about to repeat itself.  Only insert lunch…then dinner.  Doesn’t sound like much but it is a very full day.  I remember it as a Mom of little ones and now as a grandma…even with Mom doing most of the work…you just get tuckered out! 

She’s working on her grin here

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Elaine spilled the Cheerios

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

And here’s some foot action

I’d just like to be that limber…I have a hard time bending down low enough to trim my toe nails!

And what meal time would be complete without conversation?


There are times when I think I would like to go back to when the kids were all little and at home. Boy is that a trick of the imagination!  I think God knew what He was doing when He gave us seasons for our life. Today Elaine has been particularly whiney and even a little naughty.  I told Andrea, “No thanks, I really don’t want to go back and do it again”…I’d rather be Grandma!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...