Friday, August 5, 2011

A Thing of Beauty

img_3720

Yep, it’s a tomato!  My very first one!

img_3719

I have always wanted to have a nice batch of tomatoes but somehow, they always come out small, not very many, eaten by the bugs, cracked, or some other such disappointing demise!  I don’t know what I did differently this year…but the plants are very tall, as tall as me…and they seem to have lots of blossoms.  I am so excited!  I planted some grape tomatoes and have picked several handfuls…just right for a salad.  I also planted one roma plant and it looks like it is just starting to ripen! 

I picked this tomato on Monday.  I picked three more this morning…I think we’re grilling burgers tonight and having a nice juicy tomato on top!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...