Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Scott…when did you say your Birthday was?

August 1 is my brother Scott’s birthday.  He spent that weekend in Wyoming with his son, so we did not hook up with him for his Birthday until the next weekend.  We took him to lunch after church at Red Robin.  My parents and Jo joined us. 

img_3782I know Scott and Jo are both saying “cheese” here! Jo is probably saying “cheese-boogey”, translation: cheeseburgers!I

img_3781

Scott is a real encouragement to me.  Although we grew up in the same Christian home, he did not trust Christ as his Savior until he was married and had a family.  He literally came to the end of himself before he turned to Jesus.  I will never forget the phone conversation we had when he told me he had made that decision.  I remember hanging up and calling my parents right away, hardly able to believe it!  We had prayed for him for a long time!

When Christ changes everything in your life and make all things new, it does not mean that life is without struggles and battles.  But He takes the struggles and battles and turns them into a work for His own glory and our own good!  I would not want to have those struggles and battles and not have Christ to help me.  That is what I love about Scott’s life.  I know he has a lot of struggles, but he is always turning to the Lord to help him.  I think that is what makes him a good encourager.  I learned recently that “to encourage” is to come along side of someone and give them courage to do the hard thing.  That is Scott!  I think he helps others do it because he has had the Lord do it for him so many times! 

I love you Scott and this Birthday Blog is long overdue.  But did I tell you my life has been turned upside down recently?  And even in that, you have encouraged me by being so positive about the move.  I know I know…you really just want in to use the hot tub!  Wink-wink!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
II Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...