Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Isaiah 55:10 and 11 says,

“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven

And do not return there,

But water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud,

That it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater,

So shall My Word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,

But it shall accomplish what I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

I woke up to rain today, it actually had been raining on and off all night.  I immediately thought of this verse. We studied this passage in BSF recently.  How thankful I am for the things in everyday life that cause us to recall some truth about God or His Word, or teaches us to apply it.  It wasn’t hard to picture the renewal that the rain brings. After all it is spring. The bulbs are blooming, the trees budding, everything is greening up.  Very visible examples of the work of God’s Word in our lives.

We have been very dry here and we are thankful for the rain. It is needed and the ground is soaking it up.  That’s how my heart gets sometimes too…kind of hard and dry. The number one reason I have discovered my heart gets that way is because I do not water it with God’s Word. But just opening up the scripture and beginning to read, I feel like the ground absorbing all the rich, satisfying, renewing moisture! 

I know it’s the end of my Thankful Thursday, but I have had these thoughts as well as a song called, “This Is My Word”, taken from the Isaiah passage, wandering around my thoughts all day.  And although its been busy, its been a very good day! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...