Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Firsts

Tagawa’s is a really nice nursery near my home.  I love going there and just strolling through their gift shop, house plants and of course all the other plant departments.  They offer lots of free classes and they have wonderful help available for all your gardening questions.  Well, I have had a gift card for Tagawa’s since last spring.  I cannot believe I never spent it last year.  It was to expire the end of March (though they did tell me that they really never do expire) so I finally got myself in there.   And this is what I spent it on…

Yep,we are getting ready to plant!  The past couple of summers I have either not been able to find seed for something or I got bad seed and had to replant.  So this year, I bought early, got my pick and hopefully, a better seed.  Wally is planning to till the garden this week and so we going to go for it and plant! 

I also bought my first tray of flowers, pansies…True Blue and Primrose Yellow.  I don’t always find those colors when I hit Lowe’s or Wal-Mart.  There is snow on the ground today, but I hope to plant these tomorrow or Wednesday.  The dark purple flowers are johnny-jump ups. 

And wandering through the gift shop I found this garden flag at half off!  I have a mail box out back where I keep my garden tools.  I thought it would look cute next to that. 

Saturday was very nice here…81*.  So I pulled on a pair of capris for the first time.  Then I went out and worked in some of the flower beds for the first time!  It felt good to clean away the dead stuff and see all the new growth underneath! 

 

I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden.  ~Ruth Stout

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...