Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April Showers

It is April 16 and we are nearly a month into spring.  I have moved into tulip and daffodil mode and left the winter wonderland behind.  But this is Colorado and my tulips and daffodils have long been buried under white stuff.  Here they are after our storm from last week.  I don’t think they are going to be able to perk their little heads up again!

img_6888

The snow started falling yesterday afternoon and as the temps dropped it began to stick.  Wally decided he should drive me to Bible Study…we already had a couple of inches on the ground in Denver.  On the way, Wally commented on how beautiful the trees were, covered in the freshly falling snow…I reminded him of that tulip mode I was into.  But this morning, I gave into the winter wonderland feel…it was so beautiful…all twelve inches of it!

img_6906

img_6909

img_6910

img_6911

img_6912

I kept hearing the song of birds and when I looked out back, the bare trees were full of confused robins.  I think they are discussing whether they migrated back too soon or not.  I clearly heard one of them say, “this is for the birds!”

img_6914

img_6915

And one day this little corner on our balcony will finally be all about sunshine and flowers!  In the meantime, we are to get another three-eight inches of the white stuff tomorrow! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...