A friend of mine told me about this monthly event called “Stamp a Stack”. It is a group of ten Stampin’ Up demonstrators that each design a card and provide the materials, then those who attend go from table to table and make their card. So for $25.00 you can make ten cards…that’s only $2.50 a card. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I’ve been wanting to give it a try and so while Jo was visiting me, we went.
This is the first card we made and I really like it. I think I can use this idea a lot.
It’s kind of hard to see but Jo is inking the edge of her blue rectangle in this picture.
She did pretty good on most of the card making steps. Everything was pre cut. She had trouble getting the layers put on the card straight. I am straight challenged myself but we did okay! And she really struggled peeling off the paper from behind some of the adhesives we used. But while she struggled for a few minutes, I was able to put my own card together and then help her again. It worked out pretty good!
Here Jo is painting embossed flowers with watered down ink…
…for this card~
This card had a little ink painting to it also. The window also had to be cut around the outside and the inside. The Consultant at this table was really nice to Jo while I was doing the cutting, talking to her and helping her do some of the steps.
This card is pretty cute. Everything was done already…all we did was glue it together.
Then this card was quite involved and only the paper was precut. You can’t really tell in the picture but the jar is raised up and has clear plastic behind it, so it looks like a real glass jar!
So Stamp a Stack was a success. We made some cute cards and I have already used three of mine. I know Jo loved her cards and we had a good time together!