Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am very thankful for a full freezer.  Chuck, the butcher, is here cutting up our half of the buffalo.  It will go into the freezer where we already have two antelope and Wesley’s deer.  We had most of the antelope and deer made into different things like Italian sausage, brats, salami and summer sausage.  We also took a bunch to Ben and Andrea when we visited them in November.  And now we will add the buffalo meat to the freezer.  I can not even think of the last time I have bought meat in the store, other than chicken.  When I have had to look, it is almost foreign to me.  We have had a full freezer of meat almost every year since Wally started hunting.  When we were self employed and and the work was slow (or not at all), we always ate very well!  What a blessing!  So, Thank you Lord, once again, for this full freezer as we head into 2011!

Chuck Johnson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...