Sunday, May 16, 2010

You Can Have Your Cake and Eat it Too!

I can’t even tell you how long it has been since I made a cake.  Probably the biggest reason is that I really don’t care for cake.  Cake is useful because it is covered with frosting and I do like frosting!  But I was looking at this recipe on Saturday for “Best Ever Chocolate Cake” and I thought, “I could make this!”  And hey, Wes is having a Birthday so why not?  Now I’m not really big on baking and I’m not sure I have made a cake from scratch since Home Ec class in Junior High, but it wasn’t too bad.  I had to borrow a cake pan from a neighbor because the recipe called for three layers.  (That made me a little nervous).  And it did stack up a bit crooked, but with enough frosting, (which I also made…from scratch) you can cover up quite a bit! 

Well, there it is!

1 comment:

Andrea Hamilton said...

Well on his facebook, Wesley called this cake AMAZING, so I guess you did a good job! Can I have the recipe? Chocolate is Ben's favorite, and his birthday is in July!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...