Monday, May 24, 2010

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

I like this saying except that I would use the word blessed instead of lucky.  I do feel very blessed even though I had several farewells last week!

First I am very blessed to be part of a wonderful ministry like Bible Study Fellowship.  Last Monday night we concluded our study in the Book of John.  what a wonderful year it has been!  I served our class with some wonderful women!

Emily Young, Denise Christopolus, Me, Sue Muckley and Amy Randolph.  These ladies make up our administrative team. 

This is our class staff minus Debbie Roberts. (She slipped out before I remembered I had my camera and wanted to get a picture together), Gail Lotz, Me, and Alethea Wingert.  Wonderful friends, prayer warriors and co-laborers together for Jesus our Lord!

I am only saying good-bye to these ladies for the summer. We resume in September with the study of Isaiah. 

A wonderful blessing I have enjoyed over the last several months has been having Wes at home.  He left on Saturday to visit Kenny in NC before heading to the Bill Rice Ranch in TN to work for the summer as a camp counselor.  I’m not sure when it started, maybe February.  But chick fil-a had several free breakfast days.  They seemed to take place on Wednesdays, when Wes was off.  So I would get a text from him on Tuesday night sometime…”breakfast tomorrow?” When the freebies ended, we took turns buying each week. What a special time it was.  Well this past Wednesday was our last breakfast morning together…for awhile!

Not too bad of a pic since Wes took it by holding the camera out!

My last good-bye blessing was spending last Friday with Mom and sister, Robin.  We are all setting out on road trips in the next couple of weeks and Robin thought we should get together before saying goodbye!  We met for breakfast at the Original Pancake House.  We sat and talked over coffee for a good while.  Then we walked across the parking lot to Ross and did a bit of shopping.  Such fun looking and laughing!

 

Mom

  She and Dad are heading to Iowa for her 60th Class Reunion.  Then up to Union Grove, WI to visit my sister JoEllen. Then over to Springfield, OH to visit Grandkids and great-grands! Then “home again, home again, jiggity jog!”

Sherry and Robin

Robin and Terry are actually flying to Springfield, OH.  That is where their son Brian lives with their three darling granddaughters!  Stay tuned here to follow Wally and I on our road trip back east.  We leave on Saturday!

1 comment:

Andrea Hamilton said...

Great picture of you & Wes! Can't wait to see you...all of you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...