Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I know the calendar says that the first day of Spring isn’t until next week, but we have had some gorgeous days yesterday and today.  I am giving into spring fever…the tulips and daffodils are pushing up through the cold hard ground and that is just how I feel.  Although we have not had a lot of snow this year, it has been a dreary winter.  I don’t remember seeing Colorado’s blue skies as much as normal.  I think I’ve had what my Mother calls the Winter Blues.  So I am very thankful for the coming of Spring this year.  The signs are everywhere, in the flower beds, on the budding trees.  I planted primrose last year.  I have planted it before at our house but for the first time, it has come back!  The robins have returned and the birds are chirping in the mornings.  You wouldn’t believe the duck action on the ponds!  The bees are waking and buzzing in the hive.  Even Gypsy seems to have a spring in her old step…she’s not so content to stay inside.  Nature seems to be getting energized and I am ready to do the same. 

Looking forward to Spring causes me to be thankful that when God created the world, seasons were a part of His plan.  I’m so thankful for the variety that each one brings.  And because I’m fickle just about the time I’m longing for a change, the season will do just that!   But for now, I am going to be thankful for the season of Spring!

img_6695Gypsy’s favorite way of spending winter days!

For lo the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone,
The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of singing has come
And the voice of the turtledove
Is heard in our land.
Song of Solomon 2:11-12

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...