Friday, July 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I read this a couple of days ago and it has been rattling around in my mind and heart…

  “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Romans 5:5

I thought of all the times I have said, “Oh, I hope_____.”  Then I thought of all that people hope for and of all that people place their hope in.  Myself included many times.  But that kind of “hope” will not last.  In fact it can not last because it is dependent upon the temporal.  Whether people, things, opportunity, riches, or philosophy, all will come to an end at some point in time. 

But hope that does not disappoint is different because it is rooted in God’s love. God’s love is eternal, it never ends, and there is no one beyond His love!  It is poured into my heart through the Holy Spirit.  It will never let me down and it can never be taken away.

I also love the picture of His love poured out into my heart. It is not a dribble here and there. Or only for special occasions.  It is poured out until I am full and nothing takes it away!

Today in a store as a man was gathering his belongings to leave he turned to say, “ I sure hope we won’t have any more craziness”, referring to the shootings that took place in Aurora overnight.  And the thought hit me anew…that is a pretty weak hope.  In fact, its pretty much a given that it is just a matter of time before there is more craziness.  So much better to have a hope that will see you through the craziness!

By the way, I do know it is Friday and not Thursday…still I am more than thankful for this hope that does not disappoint!  I do hope you all have that same hope!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...