Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thankful Thursday

An old song has been floating through my mind this week, I think we used to sing it at our youth singsprations

“I don’t know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day
I don’t borrow from its sunshine, for it’s skies may turn to gray
I don’t worry o’er the future, for I know what Jesus said
And today I’ll walk beside Him for He knows what is ahead.”

“Many things about tomorrow, I don’t seem to understand
But I know Who holds the future and I know Who holds my hand”

Monday night my dear Mom slipped on the third step heading into the basement.  Her knee hyper extended and down she went.  She said she never knew such excruciating pain.  She called for Dad.  She said that as she lay there with her leg pointing out to the side and Dad approached, that she saw a knowing look in his eye…”I can just pop that knee right back in place”.  We have laughed about that many times.  She yelled, “Don’t touch it” and then more calmly, “We better have help.  Call 911 but tell them we don’t need any lights or sirens!”

Wednesday morning Mom had surgery.  She had shattered the femur bone just above the knee.  They inserted a plate and I counted 11 screws on the x-ray.  A long recovery lies ahead of her, eight weeks without weight bearing on the leg at all! 

img_4065

“You never know what a day holds!”  I can’t tell you how many times I have heard that said this week and even said it myself a time or two.  Proverbs 27:1 says, “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.”  Again,  Proverbs 16:9 says, “A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps".

How thankful I am to know that the Lord walks beside us as Mom heals and goes through rehabilitation.  He has His goodness prepared and laid aside for each step we will take. 

img_4067

This one of His “goodnesses”.  Mrs. Loyd.  I heard my Mom introduce her to the nurse as “my dear friend of 50 years”.  Mrs. Loyd was the first one to come to the hospital and she has come by everyday this week!

Pray for Mom, she has some tough days ahead of her!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...