Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

 

docimage46 easter 005

docimage17

docimage6

PICT0070

Kennys graduation

PICT0173

docimage4

Christmas

Mother's Day 2009

Ok, I am winding down.  Sorry if I showed too many pictures, but I am a scrapbooker, and we like every picture we take.  With the photos come memories.  I once heard Dr. Dobson interview the founders of Creative Memories, Cheryl Lightle and Rhonda Anderson.  He made a statement about the fact that if families had a scrapbook to look at, when they have hard times and want to quit, they would have a reminder of all the good times that they have shared together and all that has been invested.  I really believe that. 

Twenty-nine years!  It seems like a long time ago that I vowed to Wally to be his wife “for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do we part.”   Every marriage is hard.  There is a lot of “for worse”.  When you have the Lord, the hard and hurtful events are not hopeless or even without His goodness.  That has been my experience.  And there is a lot of “for better!”  (We do have the pictures and memories to remind us).

As Wally and I have come to this anniversary, we have had several friends whose marriages are on the brink or who have thrown in the towel altogether.  Each time we hear about someone, my heart just breaks.  We just keep saying, “why don’t they just hold on, or work a little harder, or not give up?”  It is so worth it!  It is wonderful to reach this point, kids mostly raised, grandkids, and just be blessed!!  A verse that I have come to treasure and that God gave to me during one of those difficult seasons is Psalm 34:8, “O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him.”   It is not just because circumstances are good, it is because He is good! 

Yes, the story continues, and for how many more years we do not know.  But it is a good story to be part of!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...