Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday

A week ago today Wally and Kenny left Denver about 7:00 pm and drove forty hours to arrive in Pembroke, FL on Sunday evening.  How thankful I am for their safety on the road and a smooth move for Kenny and Becky.  I am thankful for family and friends who have blessed their lives.  I am thankful for this new ministry and home for Kenny and Becky.  And my heart is full of praise and thanksgiving to God, Who leads every step of the way!

Kenny flew into Denver last Wednesday.  We headed out to our house after work where Kenny collected his childhood treasures and some furniture we were passing to him.  Then we met up with Wesley at his part time job (Chikfila) and had supper!  Loved seeing my boys together again!


Thursday Wally still had to work so Kenny did some errands and they finished getting ready for the long haul.

Grandma and Grandpa came by to see Kenny off. How thankful I am for their love and support of their grandkids, and their godly influence on all our lives.


Then Wally and Kenny hit the road…hard!  They arrived in Muskogee in time to have breakfast with Wally’s Mom.  Though the boys did not take a picture of Kenny and Grams, I am again reminded of the love of family and especially the care and prayers of grandparents.  The guys got a shower and were back on the road by 9:30.  They arrived in the mountains of Newland, NC at 1:30 am!  They ran into thick fog and freezing rain.  In the morning there was 2” inches of snow on the ground.  I’m so very thankful for their safety. 

They slept until 9:00 am and then friends arrived to help load all of Kenny and Becky’s worldly possessions into a 16’ truck.  From the many moves Wally and I made, I always remember feeling a bit humbled by the fact that all that I found of value in this world could fit inside a pile of cardboard boxes!  The packing and clean up was completed and about 5:00 they drove off the mountain to Becky’s parent’s in Spindale, NC.  Dinner and a full night of sleep followed…well, sort of.  At 5:30 in the morning they were on the road again! 

By 5:30 that evening, the caravan arrived in Pembroke Pines, FL.  It is about halfway between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.  Wally and Kenny unloaded the motorcycle and some large things in the back of the truck.  Then the new church family descended and the truck was unloaded in fifteen minutes!  And the new family also stocked the pantry and fridge for Kenny and Becky.  What a blessing!

So, the trip was fast and furious and covered with God’s many blessings!  One of which brought Wally back home to me, safe and sound!


Becky said...

God's hand really was in all of this from how Kenny and i decided to take this position to providing for our move to the safety in traveling! Thanks for posting this, Im itching to post some pictures but I'll have to wait just a little while longer. Oh, and you forgot to mention how Dad left most of his clothes here... Guess he thought he wouldn't need them :)

Sherry said...

Well you sent the clothes back and I'm not sure if that is something to be thankful for or not!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...