Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Psalm 31:19
“Oh, how great is Your goodness
which you have laid up for those who trust in You
In the presence of the sons of men!”

I read that verse in my quiet time way back in August.  I missed most of my Thankful Thursday posts in August and so far in September.  But this verse has been in my heart all those weeks and I decided that this one post could make up for all the weeks I missed.  While my life is rather chaotic right now and I have felt more than a little out of control, I have countless times recognized God’s hand active in my days.  Each time I do I  think of Ps. 31:19 and stop to thank the Lord.  I have told Him many times, “Thank You Lord for having this goodness of Yours set aside for me!”  It is like for each situation, I notice a “reserved” sign right on top of His enabling peace and mercy and encouragement and wisdom!  It is quite an awesome thought to me!   He just nudges me and says, “here, I have something that might be helpful for you in this situation.  I have been saving it for you to use just now!”

I still have quite a few disorderly days ahead of me before Wally and I are moved and settled.  But for each one, I know I will have just what I need at the moment I need it!  Now that is a “Month of Thursdays” to be thankful for!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...