Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Friendship lives inside your heart, Friends together, Friends apart!

Andrea, Elaine and I drove up the DC area to meet some special friends for lunch.  We met at the UNO Chicago Grill.
Visit with Frances Allen and Kathy Huryk Frances Allen, Sherry and Kathy Huryk

Frances and I had not seen each other for 27 years!  We have exchanged Christmas cards and would always write in our letter, “if you’re ever in the area would love to see you again!”  So when I planned my visit to Andrea, I planned to see both Frances and Kathy.  I know Don and Frances went to our church in England and I always remember her for bringing Wally and I a meal after Andrea was born.  Frances reminded me that she also used to pick me up and bring me to a ladies Bible Study that met on base.  She and I lived many miles from the base in the English countryside.  It was fun to catch up and visit again.  Visit with Frances Allen and Kathy Huryk

Visit with Frances Allen and Kathy Huryk

Kathy and I have done better at getting together over the years.  We were neighbors many years ago.  Definitely the “back door friend” kind!  I remember another neighbor telling me about Kathy when I shared we were homeschooling.  So was Kathy. I went down the street and knocked on her door and we have been good friends ever since!  She has shared her love of gardening and of the Lord with me, among many other things. 

After lunch on Friday, Kath took the time to show Andrea and I around the IKEA store.  What a fun place that store is.  Can hardly wait until the one opens in Colorado next year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...