Thursday, July 20, 2017

Thankful Thursday

Note:  I wrote this on June 1, 2017.  But I never posted it.  I decided it’s worth sharing even though it is now July 20, 2017

This is from my devotions journal that I wrote on Wednesday morning.  I’m not sure it will make much sense, but I felt compelled to put it in writing anyway.  Tuesday was one of those days when it’s tough to be a Mom.  Tough Mom days do not seem to be confined to kids living under your rough. I’m learning that praying is a difficult kind of parenting…but necessary…just as much as wandering down the hall to a help a sick child in the middle of the night!  You have to do it! 

Psalm 124:6-8
Blessed be the Lord, Who has not given us as prey to their teeth.
Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken and we have escaped.
Our help is in the name of the Lord Who made heaven and earth.

Today is the day after yesterday-a tough day.  My old enemy fear and worry were at work and I probably didn’t even recognize it.  My Devotions yesterday and today were about dealing with temptation.  I wanted to blow them off-after all…”I don’t smoke, cuss, drink, or chew, and I don’t go with those who do!”   But so subtle is fear and worry which lead me to doubt.  I felt I had spent the the day in prayer, even a couple of nights, for Ben and Andrea’s house closing and Wesley’s move to FL.  The deal fell though on their house- again!  I have been struggling with God ever since. WHY? I trusted You.  I totally believed you were able & would complete it!  Why did You not come through?
These questions I cannot answer.  But what I know to be true is God is MY help! IS!!  I cannot answer for the timing, the delays, the circumstances, the things I do not see.  I often heard a voice in my prayers of pleading that reminded me “I’m not a magic rabbits foot.”  And so I return to what I know to be true about God-
He is Sovereign-and I trust His Sovereignty! 
He is Faithful
He is True
He is Good
He is Gracious
He will Provide
He is full of Love

I guess I have temptations a plenty but focusing on Him chases doubt and worry away!

I’m thankful to have spent a much more peaceful day yesterday and today! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...