Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Special Moments and Special Cards

I wanted to share a card I received from a special group of women.  I have been privileged to be part of the leadership circle for the Denver Evening Women’s Bible Study Fellowship class.  At the time of Pop’s home going, we were preparing for our class workshop to train our leaders for the new year’s study. Well, I ended up missing the workshop. And when we returned home there was a very nice card in the mail.  I loved it for two reasons; it was handcrafted and it was signed by all the leaders!  I know that behind each name was a caring heart and prayers! 

img_1674Debbie, our Children’s Supervisor, made the card.  We have discovered we both like card making and scrapbooking!

img_1675A picture of love!

You may have heard in the news about a Chaplain who was recently killed in Afghanistan.   It received a bit of attention since he is the first Chaplain killed in action since the Viet Nam Era. Wally and I had attended church with his parents quite a few years ago.  But Chaplain Dale Goetz, Jr. was also on our present church’s prayer list.  We rotate a military person each week to pray for.  Wally attended his funeral service last Thursday.  Here is a link to an article written about Dale’ life  if you are interested. 

http://www.centralseminary.edu/resources/nick-of-time/253-chaplain-dale-goetz-a-memorial

Sympathy cards are a challenge whether you buy them or make them.  I think it is because the message is often so wishy-washy!  I am trying to either print scripture on the computer or find stamps that will give some meaningful comfort.  I made these for my Mother-in-law and the Goetz family.

img_1662img_1663 img_1665

img_1664

1 comment:

Andrea Hamilton said...

Very nice! I didn't realize that you had a card from the BSF ladies. That group has always been so good to us...remember when Dad fell off the roof and they gave us money and food?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...